Fill, Fold, and Press for Perfect Dumplings Every Time
Traditional Fried Gyoza Dumplings Recipe
Traditional Fried Gyoza Dumplings are a popular Japanese dish all over the world. These dumplings are pan-fried until crispy and golden brown and filled with a flavorful mixture of ground pork, napa cabbage, green onions, ginger, and garlic. They're ideal as a snack, appetizer, or main course.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Combine ground pork, napa cabbage, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sugar, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place a small amount of the filling in the centre of one gyoza wrapper.
- Wet the wrapper's edges and fold in half, pleating the edges to seal the dumpling.
- Continue with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the bottoms of the gyoza are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce for dipping.
10 Inch Bamboo Steamer Basket
The Dumpling Galaxy Cookbook
Handmade Bamboo Steamer with 2 Tier Baskets
Dumplings All Day Wong
Japanese Gyoza Dumplings Recipe
Chinese Minced Pork Dumplings with Black Vinegar Sauce Recipe
Spinach Dumplings with Sesame Seeds Recipe
Money Bag Dumplings with Dipping Sauce Recipe