50 Recipes From Tokyo's Gyoza King, Shipped Right to Your Door
Grilled Japanese Gyoza Dumplings Recipe
Grilled Japanese Gyoza Dumplings are a popular appetiser or snack in Japan, where they are frequently served with soy sauce for dipping. For a flavorful filling, this recipe uses ground pork, garlic, ginger, and green onions, and is cooked using a combination of pan-frying and steaming to create crispy and tender dumplings.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, soy sauce, sake, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and green onions.
- Fill each gyoza wrapper with a heaping teaspoon of the filling.
- Wet the edge of the wrapper and fold it in half, crimping the edges to seal tightly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the gyoza in the skillet for 2-3 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Cover the skillet with a lid after adding the water.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and steam the gyoza for 5-6 minutes, or until the water has evaporated.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the gyoza are crisp and browned on the bottom.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce and rice.
Handmade Bamboo Steamer with 2 Tier Baskets
Dumplings All Day Wong
Spinach Dumplings with Sesame Seeds Recipe
Money Bag Dumplings with Dipping Sauce Recipe
Japanese Dumplings with Shrimp Recipe
Chinese Dim Sum Dumplings Recipe