Make Perfect Dumplings and Wontons With Ease Using This Stainless Steel Dumpling Maker Press
Gyoza Japanese Dumplings Recipe
Gyoza is a popular Japanese dumpling that is pan-fried and steamed after being filled with ground meat and vegetables. This recipe calls for a tasty pork and cabbage filling flavored with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, cabbage, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, sake, cornflour and black pepper.
- Take one gyoza wrapper and fill it with about 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and fold it in half to make a half-moon shape.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the gyoza, making small pleats along the way.
- Repeat until all of the filling is gone.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the gyoza in a single layer to the skillet and cook until the bottoms are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the skillet with a lid right away after adding the water.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the gyoza are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the gyoza hot with your favourite dipping sauce.
Dumplings: Over 100 Recipes
Dumpling Daughter Recipes
Japanese Dumplings with Shrimp Recipe
Chinese Dim Sum Dumplings Recipe
Leek and Lamb Steamed Dumplings Recipe
Homemade Mandu Dumplings Recipe