The Perfect Tool for Steaming Dumplings at Home
Taiwan Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
Har Gow, or Taiwan shrimp dumplings, are a popular dim sum dish made with shrimp and wrapped in a thin, translucent wrapper made of wheat starch and tapioca starch. This is a simple version that you can easily make at home.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Pulse the prawns in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the shrimp, water chestnuts, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, white pepper, and cornflour to a mixing bowl.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Fill each dumpling wrapper with a tablespoon of the filling.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper and pinch them together to seal.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Cook until the bottoms of the dumplings are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and add 1/4 cup of water.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve with soy sauce and/or chilli oil on the side.
Stainless Steel Dumpling Maker
Dumplings Cookbook For Beginners
Dumpling Press and Mold Kit
Let's Make Dumplings Cookbook
Har Gow Chinese Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
Chinese Dumplings Potstickers Recipe
Traditional Fried Gyoza Dumplings Recipe
Shrimp Dumplings Recipe